Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sweet Protection Strutter Kayak Helmet

This Helmet comes in three sizes S/M (53 - 56cm), M/L (56 - 59cm) and L/XL (59 - 61cm) and weight of 1.08 pounds. The Strutter comes in four colors gloss white, dirt black, shock orange and gunmetal blue.

This helmet is designed with different levels of protection and comfort:

Starting from inside going out the inside layer starts with comfort pads. These pads are molded comfort pads with soft and comfortable foam wraps. You have different sizes depending on the best fit for you.
The next layer is the impact absorption liner. This liner provides great low volume and shock absorption. Its tough and thing. It also is resistant to low temperature and wont crack.
Then we have what they call the CRP Shell. This is a carbon fiber reinforcement to strengthen the helmet and help with hard impacts.

The outer and last layer is what they call the LFT Shell Technology. It’s made of long threads of fiberglass woven together to keep a hard protected shell for you melon. Trust me I have hit plenty of rocks with this helmet already and its sound and I could barely feel I hit rocks. Compared to the lower cost helmets that are not built with fiberglass; this helmet I don’t get headaches from nailing a rock to hard.
The straps can be adjusted very easily. One thing I loved about these straps is the little flap they put on the strap clip. I have a beard most of the year and with this flap it protects me from getting any skin or hair in the clip. This flap definitely adds to comfort

On the back side of the helmet there is an occigrip. This tool is amazing. With a push of a button it resets the helmet for the largest size head. Once you have the helmet on you can tighten up the back occigrip to get the helmet more snug. This is just can be done with a flick of the finger. It reminds me a lot like switching a light on. But this occigrip makes the helmet fit better with ease.

And my favorite option of the Sweet Protection Strutter, the bill. This helmet is built like a baseball cap. With the extended bill I think it helps protect your face more, keeps sun out of your eyes, and looks more like a cap instead of a big bulky helmet. I even had an instance when someone asked me if I was going to wear a helmet for this run “I was already wearing my Strutter!!”

Now this helmet is on the pricy side ($197.99) but well worth it. I have gone through a couple of cheaper end helmets. They didn’t fit well and the insides got knocked loose after a few hits on rocks. Instead of spending $40-$80 on 2-3 other brand helmets I wish I would have purchased this one right away and it would have saved me money and comfort.

If you are interested in ordering this item, you can select the link below. Percentage of you purchase will be donated to the Sioux Falls Whitewater Park Nonprofit Organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment